Wednesday, 13 November 2013

1F25: Demonstrable demographics

1F25: Demonstrable demographics

In the last blog, the topic was on advertisement and we had to talk about a product that ads "spoke" to us, the consumers. The product that I chose was "No-No". I explained that the product grabbed my attention because as a girl being hairless is a way to show beauty and it makes girls feel comfortable with their bodies. Every ad is made intended to meet certain persons, to make a connection to what persons and why this ad is good for those type of people.

Allison’s blog relates to me on a personal level because for obvious reasons I am a teenage as is she. Reading the description of how the ad went about advertising was basically the same way teenagers act, but was shown with elderly people. As teenagers we go out, party, and we are crazy, after all of that we get hungry and go to McDonald’s not so much Taco Bell. It is clear that the ad was targeting teenagers in a way that would be humorous to teens, to get them to come to Taco Bell after doing their crazy stuff, to enjoy a nice, beefy, cheesy, warm taco. In her blog she states “One mode of address which advertisements use towards the young adult population is to recognize our lifestyle, and try to relate to us through it [1]”. This ad is showing a teens identity and draws teens in with humor hoping that the next time teens go out and party hard, afterward they will come and unwind with Taco Bell’s tacos.

Similar to my ad “No-No”, which is a beauty enhancer, Christine’s blog was about face make-up. The face make-up, Beyond Natural” is supposed to match skin tone colour giving females flawless skin with a natural look. The ad’s face is the beautiful Jessica Alba whose face is completely flawless. This ad was intended to reach the young women that want to have clear skin and an even skin tone. Being a young women, I know that having a clear, natural, and flawless face is dream and it is something that every girl wants to have in their life, but doesn’t always happen. With the use of make-up it will cover up the imperfections. Christine states that “Girls use make-up as a source of making their skin clear and even in colour [2]”. The use of make-up will leave the women with a flawless natural look similar to Jessica Alba’s face. This ad is successful because the women see the type of face they want and they will purchase the product to have their faces look the same.

Madison’s blog relates to my demographics’ because I am obsessed with mascara because all I want is to have long eyelashes. In my make-up bag I have about 10 different mascara I use them to try and make my eyelashes longer. The face of this ad is the beautiful Halle Berry with full, long, beautiful eyelashes that draw you into the ad. “Companies use this knowledge to be successful with their sales [3]”. Revlon’s representation of their product really does work. Their ads promoting that their line of mascara will give girls that full look that they have always wanted. They want to have “FABLUSH” eyelashes.

When ads try to target a certain demographics they use certain criteria that the producer will us to draw in their target audiences. If you ask me they are doing a good job because when I see something I like and the advertising is good, I always end up with something new at the end of the week.    

Work Cited
[3] http://mb12qe.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/what-the-hail/  

No comments:

Post a Comment